Arugula and Ceasar Salad
A quick and easy, lighter take on the classic caesar, minus the anchovies.
- 4 cups fresh grown arugula, cleaned and dried
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 piece toast, buttered
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sliced garden tomato
- Fresh shaved parmesan, optional
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the tomatoes and the croutons
- In a small bowl, add the mustard to the lemon juice. Whisk vigorously until smooth to create an emulsion.
- Add salt and pepper liberally.
- Add the olive oil while whisking continuously. Once smooth, pour over the salad.